Little bird, sitting on the window sill.
You came down to please me with your beautiful song,
your eyes see right through me little bird.
I kept you here with little things,
sweet words and warm hands.
Softly whispered promises that everything was going to be alright.
But I see your eyes looking out now.
Fly away little bird.
There's other prisoners to delight with your pretty sounds.
Fly away little bird.
I'll still smile when I hear you singing from the trees.
Smile to know you're happy out there.
We can pause for now little bird.
You can't experience the trees from my window sill.
I'll still be here, when you want to play again.
XX
3.7.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- NewUseForVintage
- Any/Everywhere
- Cigar Reviews for the masses, taking cigar smoking out of the niche on Up In Smoke Cigar Reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment